Cancer statistics are on the rise, and the growing numbers have moved the disease to a priority issue for the global community. As The Lancet reports, cancer deaths have increased 46% between 1990 and 2013. On Jan 1, 2016, new international development priorities called Sustainable Development Goals, will focus on decreasing premature deaths from non-communicable diseases by 2025.
PreventDisease recently reported 5 cancer facts the cancer industry promotes as myths, which are summarized below:
- The rise in all types of cancer is due to modern diet, lifestyle, and environment. Records of lifespan prior to the 18th century are scarce, but in all records of studied prehistoric skeletons, only 200 cases of possible cancer have been found. However, from 1900-2011, cancer deaths have increased 3 fold. One researcher found that in 80% of processed food, 4 main ingredients are found which harm immunity: corn, wheat, soy, and meat.
- Superfoods and herbs can prevent cancer. This is true in many cases. In fact, there are 17 herbs and spices which in their own right are considered super-foods, and have been scientifically proven to prevent and treat cancer.
- Acidic diets cause cancer. Blood pH should be within a range of 7.3 to 7.41. If the pH is lower than that range, acidosis occurs, which leads to central nervous system depression. Severe acidosis (below 7.0) can cause coma and death. If the pH rises above 7.45, the result is alkalosis. Keeping the body closer to an alkaline state (up to .05) can make a significant difference in cancer growth or suppression. Cancer cells can’t live in an alkaline environment.
- Sugar feeds cancer. A four-year study at the National Institute of Public Health and Environmental Protection in the Netherlands compared 111 biliary tract cancer patients with 480 controls. Cancer risk associated with the intake of sugars, independent of other energy sources, more than doubled for the cancer patients. Another epidemiological study covering 21 modern countries (Europe, North America, Japan and others) found that sugar intake is a strong risk factor for higher breast cancer rates, especially in older women.
- Conventional cancer treatment kills more than it cures. Five year relative survival rates for cancer are standard because after 5 years, many patients’ conditions worsen. More accurate long-term statistics would reflect ten years or more, as well as data on cost-effectiveness, immune system impact, quality of life, morbidity, and mortality. When these factors are considered, chemotherapy makes little to no contribution to cancer survival.
The stats don’t lie. A problem is rising and we are releasing this information as a means of prevention and how we in our own way can make life changing choices as a means of lessening the risk of becoming a statistic.
Things that are well-known to help are: an organic diet, lessening the time spend in WI-FI environments, avoidance of refined and hidden sugars, and if possible lessening stress.
For males, regular sexual intercourse is a proven benefactor for lessening prostate cancer and lowering anxiety; Fiery Male can help in this area.
A strong immunity is important. T-cells should be kept at optimum levels, which can be helped with our Thymus gland, and DMF Melatonin, which has been used in cancer studies.
Gut health is also important, as all disease begins in the gut. Our Full Spectrum Digestive Enzyme and Laktokhan can benefit gut health tremendously. For endocrine support, try our Adrenal gland and Thyroid Support Homeopathic.
As you see, we have a lot we can do in order avoid sickness and disease, and the best defense is awareness and prevention.
Just recently, the Authentic Enlightenment team welcomed Kory Muniz to the show. Kory is a high-profile Los Angeles activist, leading GMO free lecturer and eminent holistic health care provider in Southern California. The last name may be familiar to you, as she is the stepmother of Hollywood star Frankie Muniz. It’s a very informative interview, please listen and share 🙂