(Dirk Would?) Oooooh, the Feds are coming to town.
They’re making a list, scanning it twice.
Taking your money, stripping your rights.
Ooooh, the Feds are coming to town.
(Please join in) They know that you are sleeping.
They know you aren’t awake.
With the help of corporate media,
There really is no debate.
You better not pout.
You better not resist.
You’ll be detained,
Even if you have citizenship….
Oooooooh (everyone) the Feds are coming to town.
It’s that time of year where people spend their savings, checks, run the plastic to do a little something extra for a person they love. It’s usually that time of year where people go money crazy. It’s that one day where everyone can open up their gifts and get something new. But, for a certain someone or something it’s always that time of year. That’s right nobody spends your money better than the Federal Government. Nobody spends your children’s future better than the Feds and nobody will spend their kids money better than the Feds. It’s always Christmas in Washington! So let’s take a look back at some of the most outrageous government spending of the year 2012.
Wouldn’t it be nice if all that hard work paid off? You know so you can provide security for yourself or your family. Perhaps you might want to stash it away. I don’t know, it’s your money, so shouldn’t you be able to keep it? Well you can sleep comfortably knowing that you are keeping an Iron Dome over Israel’s head. A report from Veterans News Now stated that Americans pay more into Israel’s defense than Israel taxpayers do themselves. Although Business Insider refuted that claim (talking to one Israel insider),when it’s all said and done, according to Huffington Post and Congressional Research Service, Americans are forking over $3.1 billion in aid to Israel.
The total amount for war and humanitarian assistance dispersed around the world for 2012 was $53.3 billion, according to Reuters.
Living paycheck to paycheck and pinching pennies isn’t all that bed when you know your extra dollar goes a long way. No, it literally does go a long way into the hands of dictatorship and military operations.
Government wasting your tax dollars is nothing new. Ronald Reagan shot his mouth off about it years ago but nothing has really been done about it. George W. Bush pledged that he would cut government waste but wasted around $142 million in Iraq reconstruction contracts that were either canceled or terminated. Then, there’s President Obama who vowed (like they all do) to cut government waste. Well, does this sound like cutting government waste?
1. Morocco received $27 million to learn how to make Pottery. Not only was this a failure it was stupid. Moroccans have been making pottery for hundreds of years. According to CNSNews, the program had about 10 regular students and people were mostly showing up for free lunch.
2. At a time where more and more Americans are on Foodstamps and more and more Americans are seeing food prices skyrocket, the USDA awarded a fish processor $300,000 to promote caviar.
3. $325,000 to build a robotic squirrel just so it can interact with a snake. The National Science Foundation calls it Robo-Squirrel.
4. A company in Nebraska received $505, 000 to produce beauty products for cats and dogs.
5. Institute of Museum and Library Service spent $11,000 to put on a Star Wars theme party for teenagers.
6. National Institutes of Health received $666, 905 to conduct a study that follows how people feel after they watch reruns.
7. A California school district received $90,000 to buy fancy floor mats that light up. Forget text books and writing materials get me some light up floor mats.
8. Do you like to laugh? The State Department paid an Indian-American comedy group $100,000 to do a comedy tour through India.
9. Ever curious about fruit flies? No? Me neither. The National Institute of Health got curious to the tune of $939, 771, to find out why male fruit flies are attracted to younger female fruit flies. Good thing we know!
10. Southwestern festivals were treated to Smokey Bear hot air balloons that only cost taxpayers $49,477.
So you see when you’d like to pay the heating bill, perhaps waste a little bit of your own money, you need not to worry. The oversized blimp of our Federal government is coming down your chimney to do it for you. Except it’s not just once a year.
Written by: Derek Wood